The Buddy Program, for the foreign students participating in the International Mobility Program, aims to promote the integration of foreign students with UFF students and with the University. Becoming a Buddy is a volunteer activity; it is an enriching cultural exchange experience without leaving the country. Moreover, it is a huge contribution to the development of the International Mobility Program and to the personal development of the student. The buddies are responsible for assisting the foreign student upon their arrival in Brazil, helping them in whatever they need. At the end of the buddy program period and the delivery of the final report, participation certificates will be given to those who have fulfilled their obligations to the Program.
How to participate
The buddy program is a volunteer activity to which any student regularly enrolled at UFF can apply. The interested students must fill in the Application Form of the Program and wait for the interview call. When choosing the buddies, it is taken into consideration the preferences of the foreign student and the UFF student, as described in the application forms and in the result of the interview. A SRI will endeavour to harmonize the interests of both parties.
The obligations of the buddy are:
- Making previous contact with the exchange student, in order to obtain information about their arrival date and exchange other important information;
- Providing the foreign student with basic information about Niterói and UFF upon their arrival in Brazil;
- Assisting the foreign student, when necessary, in the process of accomodation;
- Assisting the foreign student with the documents and registry in the Federal Police;
- Assisting the foreign student in the enrollment process and application in disciplines;
- Delivering the final report at the end of the Program.